Being a computer science engineer I always have a question in my mind , why most of the students do not blog .
Why don’t they find it interesting to blog ? Does it matter if they lack content ? Do they know what is blogging or they just don’t find it interesting ?
In my article , today i will be putting light upon the various issuess student’s face while blogging .
the first and the foremost issue that comes to them is the lack of knowledge that it means about creating a blog . so for this few questions are there …..
What a blog means ?
Blog is basically an online journal , through which you can post your views , thoughts , thinkings , imagination , observation etc related to a topic that the internet consist .
As per wikipedia –
A blog (a truncation of the expression weblog) is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first). Until 2009, blogs were usually the work of a single individual, occasionally of a small group, and often covered a single subject. More recently, “multi-author blogs” (MABs) have developed, with posts written by large numbers of authors and professionally edited. MABs from newspapers, other media outlets, universities, think tanks, advocacy groups, and similar institutions account for an increasing quantity of blog traffic. The rise of Twitter and other “microblogging” systems helps integrate MABs and single-author blogs into societal newstreams. Blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
What is the benefit of blogging ?
This question has 100 answers but i would limit myself to a few ..
- Blogging helps you to connect with others –Chances are people are not reading your blog, but it’s not because they don’t like you or your blog – most likely they don’t even know you exist. You’re lost in a soup of a gazillion websites, blogs, and other publications. How can you make your blog shine above the rest? http://www.wikihow.com/Get-People-to-Read-Your-Blog
- Blogging promotes your business –Blogs offer an inexpensive and relatively easy way for you to gain visibility for your business, and to interact with your current and prospective customers. Your blog also helps keep your web presence fresh. Even if most of your site has evergreen content, your blog can provide a steady stream of new (and keyword-rich) content that helps draw new visitors and pique the interest of repeat visitors. When you blog for business, you essentially have a blank slate on which to etch the personality of your company and your brand. http://powerupsocial.com/how-to-use-a-blog-to-promote-your-business/
- Blogging promotes you and your skills –Command of the written word is a vital 21st-century skill, even if we are using keys, buttons, and tablets instead of pens and pencils. In fact, in our digital world, communication is now more instantaneous than ever.
How do we prepare our students to meet the challenge?
Blogging can offer opportunities for students to develop their communications skills through meaningful writing experiences. Such projects not only motivate students to write, but motivate them to write well. Furthermore, student-blogging projects can be designed to address the Common Core State Standards for writing. For example, see anchor standard six, which calls upon students to use technology to “produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.” Score!
- Blogging makes you earn money-When it comes to a lifestyle-friendly business, blogging appears to have it all. You get to work from home, focus on a topic of interest and share your creative talents. But can you really earn a living as a blogger? And if so, what’s the best way to get started? http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2015/08/11/how-to-make-money-as-a-blogger/#b0a1c4f15a32
- Blogging acts as your personal diary –I have tried to keep a diary for a few years now, but I’ve never got far, until I started blogging. Handwritten diaries are tedious, computer diaries are distracting, both feel like monologues. For me, they become boring after a while, and must be abandoned. With my blog, however, the more I post, the more I want to post.
I think that keeping a diary is a good thing for a writer. It helps you capture fleeting emotions, analyze recurring dreams, and develop thoughts. All records can be later used for inspiration. http://vincentmars.com/2013/04/17/blogging-versus-keeping-a-personal-diary/
Why blogger feels lack of content ?
The obvious answer to this is ..
Your inspiration for writing a blog , you are needed to have a great inspiration for writing a blog .
These were the questions that erupted in mind while writing this article , if anything else pops in ur mind please cooment below i will definitely answer all your queries .